31 weeks and 2 days pregnant and having massive back pains and side pains why?

I am 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant for my second baby, i have also dropped. While for the last 3 days i hve been having massive back pains and massive pains starting in my rib cage going down. I have already lost my mucus plug on July 1 as well, but got told many women will walk around without it for awhile. I have no bleeding or gush of fluids, should i be worried or is this normal? Could it be a sign of early labour?

BabyMama02376

Asked by BabyMama02376 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Baby could be pinching a nerve. It's likely nothing. If you are concerned, call your dr.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• You're having pains because you are big belly pregnant. It's probably fine,but you might want to schedule an appointment just to be checked if you can. I had pains at that stage because my baby waited a long time to turn head down, so by the time she did, it was very uncomfortable. So I hope there's a perfectly good explanation, besides that you're pregnant and aches and pains go with it. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Ever heard of a lovely little thing called back labor?? I'd be calling your OB to make sure you are not in preterm labor. It could also be a simple pinched nerve, but since you are only 31 weeks I'd be calling the office.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_back-labor_1451580.bc

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Your bones & muscles are stretching to accommodate the growing baby inside your uterus :) I'm currently 35 weeks pregnant, and I've been having sciatica which switches from my tailbone to left butt cheek, achey lower part of the belly, etc. Everything is thrown off now that you have that baby belly in front of you: how you sit, sleep, walk, climb stairs, etc. It's no wonder you're hurting. Since baby has dropped, the pain in your rib cage can be from baby kicking, stretching, etc. If your pain still consists, call your doctor. Good luck to you!!
    MamaMiah2013

Answer by MamaMiah2013 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 31, 2013