Herbs or prescription meds?

My dd's MIL is a RN and studied about herbs..and uses them for everything, even for adhd.My question is I am on Lortab for surgeries and have been on them awhile..hate to say it but been on them awhile now and they really work for me.She says their are herbs that will replace pain pills..I'm no addict by no means but do need them daily to even get going..I have alott of health issues.I do beleive they may help but I would be taking so much of them.Is their really herbs that help Chronic pain? Does anyone know about these and if you do,do they work for you? It's not that I don't beleive her but it would cost more and more of them.& I don't want to hurt her feelings either, I could buy them from her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• I call anyones Bulls**t that says herbs can replace pain pills. Anyone that says that has not felt the kind of pain that brings you to your knees.
    I have a hard enough time finding medication that helps the pain I am in everyday..........I am sure i would spen the rest of my life looking for a herb that even touches the little pain managment I get.

I personally have had friends advise that I try herbs. I have no problem describing the pain i am in and then telling her to pound sand!
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 6:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2009