What could be wrong with me?

I am constantly worrying about something. Mainly my health...if not mine its my son. And I will worry myself crazy that something is wrong with me.

I am terrified of driving. I freak out when I'm on the road and I'm scared that something bad will happen...or I panic and not know what to do. I have my license and a car but I refuse to. I want my husband or I will find someone to drive me everywhere and id actually love to be able to take my son places without my husband. OE go grocery shopping alone like a normal wife/mother.

But that leads to another thing. When I'm out in public and talk to someone I know I freak out. My heart races and my face turns blood red and I can't look at them. Sometimes its so bad I don't even know what to say.

I can't get a job. I panic at interviews. They probably think I'm crazy and don't want to hire me. Its like in panic and don't know what to say..

What is my problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2013 in Health

• Sounds like a generalized/social anxiety disorder. Your doctor will be able to help you with this, along with therapy (biofeedback, etc). There is no reason for you to have to live this way.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Yup... anxiety - talk to your doc... so many ways to get help with this... don't suffer if you don't have to!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Yes, for sure anxiety. I suffer from anxiety as well. Mostly I can just use breathing techniques, think things thru or talk them out with someone. But there are times that it's worse. I take Valerian root (over the counter vitamin), limit my caffeine intake, and/or drink some decaf hot tea.

When I was going thru my divorce, I discussed this with my dr and he put me on some anti-depressants that also helped with my anxiety. It really helped. I'm sure there are plenty of meds out there that can help. See your dr.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I was diagnosed with anxiety many years ago and took a prescription medication for it. I learned to handle my attacks nearly all of the time with deep breathing and self talk. It sounds like that's what might be going on with you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• I don't really want to be on medication for it but I'll do what it takes I guess.

People have told me to face my fear and just drive but is that the safe thing to do?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2013

• Go get medication, and therapy.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Anxiety. If you don't want to get on medication at least seek therapy. You don't want it to ruin your life.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Anxiety. You may need medication therapy or both.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• you need some anxiety meds get to dr so u can be helped
    firstgigi

Answer by firstgigi at 4:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2013