Any couples here both enlisted?

I've heard of married couples being enlisted but how do you make it work with kids? How much time apart and together do you get? Any stories? I ask because my husband wants to enlist. I kinda do too because I already have a degree and think I could get high ASVAB scores and get a great deal. We also have kids. Otherwise, he'll just join.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2013 in Military

• They try to station you together but there is no guarantee. My cousin and his wife just got a divorce. Both were marines and stationed together in Japan, then stationed together in NC, after they got married he stayed in NC and she got sent to CA, they weren't able to work it out and never were actually together the whole time they were married. I don't know how it will work out with both enlisting with you both having children, you will have to have a god family care plan set up in the event you are both deployed at the same time. Honestly I think just one of you should enlist, but if it is something you really want to do talk to a recruiter. Good Luck, I know with my husband in the Army I wouldn't feel comfortable enlisting at the same time he is.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2013