I'm 21 weeks pregnant now. Vomitting stopped by 18th week itself. but agsin i'm vomitting whatever i had. what can be done to prevent this?

Jenniagustus

Asked by Jenniagustus at 4:34 AM on Jul. 29, 2013 in Pregnancy

• See if your doctor will prescribe ondansetron odt for you. I'm not sure if it's safe to take while pregnant, which is why I told you to ask the doctor. That said, "morning sickness" can last the entire pregnancy and can hit at any time. If you are feeling nauseous you can try sniffing a fresh cut lemon. Drink some lemonade and nibble on saltines. The key is to stay hydrated. Baby gets everything it needs from your body stores so just make sure you plenty of water. Sometimes nothing you do can prevent it, but if it is this bad I'd check on that anti- emesis drug I mentioned.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I had morning sickness for most of my pregnancy. I found that keeping something in my stomach all the time helped because I was more likely to vomit if I let myself get too hungry. Bland foods such as yogurt, pudding, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, and breads all seemed to keep my tummy happy. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2013