Do your kids drink coffee?

My 10 year old had a sleepover Friday night with the girl down the street. The girl asked for coffee when they got up the next morning. I personally think 10 is a little too young to be drinking coffee but maybe I'm wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• No. I don't allow them to have any caffeinated drinks. I'm sure when they're 16 and going places with their friends they will have some but we don't keep it in our house.

Answer by missanc at 4:55 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I've been drinking coffee since I was 8 or 9 so I can't talk. My 10 year old has a cup in the mornings my older two drink a couple cups a day. I don't have a problem with it. DH is really the only one in our house that isn't much of a coffee drinker.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 4:58 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• no. children don't need the caffeine.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:31 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• No but he's only 4. I think 10 is too young too.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 7:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• my kids drank a little at that age- not often, and not more than maybe half a cup
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Yes. They have a cup of coffee with me every morning, although theirs is more milk than coffee. They're 3 & 9. I know, for shame. I just don't see a problem with it.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 8:24 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• We had coffee at this age growing up. I do not drink coffee so my son does not either.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• My kids were allowed coffee at the age of 10, on special days...such as, they woke up early and sat in the kitchen with me to visit, they'd have a small cup of coffee.
    Would they go to a friend's house for a sleepover and ask for coffee? No.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:00 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Meh... it is no big deal to me. Mine did occasionally. They drink black tea more often though.

Just something to remember....some parents treat ADD/ADHD symptoms with a cup of joe in the mornings. So maybe that is part of it... or maybe she just likes coffee.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• My DD will have some coffee in some milk and has for years. She's 13 now. She's just like her father and can have a double shot at 9 and be asleep by 10.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2013