What do you really think...?

Of teen parent that are married and take care of their kids BY THEMSELF. Be honest, I know some people look down on me I just want to know why and honest opinions please I wont be offended...trust me Ive heard everything

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 4:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that if you are happy doing it then its your choice, my only issue with teen parents in general is when they decide to have a baby then still act like a child themselves, IMO if you are going to do grow up things then you need to act like a grown up too
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think life is hard for teenage parents. If they are married and raising their kids, while I would wish for their sake they had waited, I think it's admirable.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If you're doing it, and able to take care of and meet all their needs, then go you!! All the better if you're happy doing it!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I would assume that people looking down on you don't know that you are actually doing it yourselves. People will ignorantly make assumptions about people.
    If you are a teen in a relationship with the father of your baby and doing it on your own, good for you! Sadly though that's not most people's opinions of teen mothers.
    I was a very young looking 24 when I had my first son and the whole time I was pregnant I noticed people looking at my ring finger. I secretly thought, in your face, check out my bling!!!! I have a lovely engangment ring and plain wedding band. Even now, I'm 28 am still married and have 3 kids. I find when I'm out with my kids without my husband my finger occasionally get's checked out. I often forget to put it back on when I've taken it off for whatever reason. People are too into knowing things things that are none of their business!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think if teen parents are married and supporting themselves then good for them!
    Anonymous

• I think becoming a teen parent is a stupid mistake. I dont admire them but I respect the fact that they are taking care of it themselves and not relying on everyone else to do it for them.
    Anonymous

• well i was a teen mom, and my baby was not a stupid mistake anon. 452.... i am now 20 with a 2 year old, married, and i love it.... i am a damn good mother and in the end thats all that matters.... there are older women out there who have kids and are horrible at raising them....

people just assume without knowing anything... i dont pay no mind tho, they dont know me or anything so i dont care what they say....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Never said the baby was a mistake. Said becoming a parent was...as in shouldnt have been sexing it up in the first place.

I also said that I respect those who do it themselves and dont rely on everyone else to do it for them.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the post above, having said that, you will be amazed at how much you change and the things you don't have a clue about when you are older. I was married at 19 way way too young. I would have never ever gotten married then had I known what I now know at 42.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• As a former teen mom myself, I have great respect for mothers of any age who parent well. Although I would not encourage a teen to become pregnant, if they do, parenting is the best option in most cases in my opinion. Raising children is a challenge no matter how old you are, but, I think many young parents are good parents. The peak time for women to give birth biologically speaking is before age 30, and delaying having babies doesn't always work out.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2009