Quick question?

Is it possible to get pregnant 1 week after birth? also should i test? i havent gotten a period yet and i wouldnt know when to test? any help would be great thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How can you even have sex a week after birth? You are probably more likely to get an infection than pregnant, but you would be able to test about 3 weeks after intercourse and get an accurate answer would be my guess.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes it is but you are most likely to miscarry cause your body isn;t ready My brother and his wife got pregnant when the baby was 2 weeks onld i think and she miscarried 3 weeks into it
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Dates are important.......When did you have baby and has your cycle came on as of today......If it's been more than 3 months you may need to go to doctor. But haven't you been for your checkup after the baby was born? My granny used to say it's easier to get pregnant afer having one....
    2kidsnLucy

Answer by 2kidsnLucy at 4:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes you can get pregnant right after having a baby. My friend had her baby and lost it at 26 weeks. She was pregnant 2 weeks later and her son is a very healthy and active almost 5 yr old. You do need to wait a few weeks to test (expecailly if you do a home test) the hormones from the first pregnancy can stay in your body for up to 6 weeks. If after 6 weeks you think you are pregnant go to the clinic and have the dr check your levels, that is the best way to know for sure if you are or aren't.
    Anonymous

• I am just amazed anyone could have sex one week after birth! Yikes.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009