STUPID BOTTLE!!!! Vent mostly!!

I was opening a rug shampoo bottle this morning. Plastic around the lid. Had to get a knife to tear it off. Finally got the lid off. And their is a seal on the inside! What!
Food is easier to get into then that!
I felt like I was trying to get into Fort Knox or something.
Like milk. No seal. Rug shampoo seal. What gives?

Asked by louise2 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I know, they package the stuff like it's nuclear waste. It's to guard against tampering, though. I knew a woman who used to be a nurse. A disgruntled employee wanting to get back at Johnson & Johnson put drain cleaner in one single bottle of eyedrops, and my friend happened to get it. She opened it one night after work, put drops in both of her eyes, and lost her sight. The company gave her a settlement that allowed her to go to school and train for another career, but I always wondered how the angry employee thought he was going to hurt the big company, what he did was harm one person who happened to get the bad bottle.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I think the seal is put on it in case the plastic cap gets broke. Less of a mess to clean up when its milk and safer just in case it gets put in a bag with food items.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Milk is not chemically based.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• So- are the carpets clean? Or were you too tired from wrestling with the bottle to clean them?! LOL :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• They over package everything
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I said that based on someone can put something in to poison someone, as in milk. 

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Yes, Got the bottle open. Had to use a knife to take off the outer plastic. Then use the knife to take the seal off the inner part of the bottle.
    Spent more time opening the bottle then cleaning the carpet I think.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2013