Do you struggle with anxiety? worrying too much? a little OCD with some things?

How do you deal with it?
Are you on meds?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2013 in Health

• absolutely. generalized anxiety, panic disorder, social phobia, post traumatic stress disorder, (related to my 4 year old) and i am a tad OCD about some things. most of it is mild except for the panic disorder. i sound like a psychotic lunatic but in actuality if you knew me IRL or saw me at the store you'd have no idea i am completely batshit crazy inside the head. ive learned to cope with it for the most part, without meds (cognitive behavioral therapy helped though). higher levels of stress do make the panic attacks worse and harder to manage so i cope with stress by exercising, eating healthy, and taking hot baths. but it does not affect my ability to parent (infact i'm all my kids have because their dads don't give a shit) and for the most part, it doesn't really affect my relationships with family/friends either.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I think most of us are at least a little bat shit crazy inside our heads a lot of the time. I have an anxiety disorder, but for the most part unless you know me well, you can't see it on the outside. It makes rattling around in my mind not a lot of fun some days, but I pretty much have learned to deal with it by doing deep breathing and positive self talk. I'm not on anxiety meds anymore because I want to be fully alert and present for my kids and the meds interfered with that. Not speaking for anyone else, just myself. If I have a really bad attack, sometimes I'll take half of an anxiety pill.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I worry about everything every second of my life. No meds.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Probably the same amount as most people. I don't feel it is something I need to medicate myself for. I don't feel anxious when the occasion doesn't allow for some kind of reactive feelings. Worrying too much? Yeah, probably about certain things, but nothing that radically changes my behaviors. Same thing with OCD. I like things a particular way, but I don't have to do things repetitively for the fear that it will change things or something bad will happen.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I get it trust me
    Alot of ppl live like this & no one knows
    you sound strong, good for you!
    its tough man!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2013