Feelings on C-section

I have had 3 children all by c-sections. I sometimes really feel really sad I did not get to have a natural birth. I am embarrassed to say I sometime don't feel like a real women. I even cry over it sometimes, but I can cry over some cartoons too. I am a crybaby! What I am wondering if this is natural or if I am just a wierdo.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it is normal. Hell, I had a vaginal birth with my daughter but it was an induction and I feel I robbed her of the best start in life. She's 2 years old now... I think it's completely normal to feel that way, many c/s mommas do especially when the c/s wasn't their choice etc. Because giving birth is something only women can do, and for anyone who says the "outcome is what's important" is sorely mistaken.

I am very sorry that you feel this way, but realize that this wasn't a choice you made. For whatever reason your body, except for the 3rd time, wasn't prepared to deliver those babies vaginally and that the c/s were necessary for the safety of your baby (that's a lot more than many women who have c/s can say). Also if you really want to get into emotions, get angry. Breech isn't the cause of a c/s and you can just blame the doctors... kidding, placing blame doesn't help either.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Dude - are your kids healthy? Happy?

That's the important thing.

How they got out of you is not important.

Move on, please - don't stress about this!

Drink your water, take your vitamins.

I cry over cartoons too!!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think it depends on your reasoning for the C-section. If it was an elective C-section I dont agree with getting one. But if it was for medical reason than I think it is fine.
    I do think its normal to wish you had a vaginal delivery....
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I had a c-section, my baby was breech so I didn't really have a choice. A friend of mine had her baby vaginal and I will admit, i'm a little jealous of her, I would love to have had my baby vaginal, if we have another child i'm going to try a vbac.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• yeah It was medical Ist one breech 2nd ane almost died 3rd wouldn't let me try
    Anonymous

• Maybe meditate and do soul searching as to why it still bothers you, etc. I know why I get so angry with myself over the induction: because had I known what I know now , then it wouldn't have happened. I even had a "medical reason" for mine.

I am sorry that it is still eating at you and pulling at your heartstrings, but we can't change the past just look toward the future. Your babies are here and healthy, and the c/s had something to do with that! :)

Hugs momma.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• hugsTHANK YOU celticreverie!!!!

Anonymous

• Um...do you have a vagina..lol? Then you are a real woman. There are a lot of ladies here on cafemom that might tell you otherwise based on how your baby left your body. You grew your child in your body. You are a real woman. I had 2 C-Sections because both of my children were breech. If I lived 100 years ago, I'd be a probably be a dead woman due to lack of modern medicine. C-Sections aren't always ideal, but sometimes they are needed. Maybe I'm not normal for not longing for a vaginal birth, but my kids are happy and healthy, I'm still alive and kickin' so I don't really feel like I missed out on too much.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think this is totally normal because I had a little boy 2 1/2 years ago by emergency c-section and I feel like less of a woman sometimes and when I know that my friends or family are going to have their babies normally I get really upset, not all the time but their is always that voice in the back of my head saying thats not fair! I am currently pregnant with my second and I hoping for a VBAC but I honestly don't think I am going to make it, due to complications!
    PrOuDmOmMy1011

Answer by PrOuDmOmMy1011 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• good luckI will pray for you PrOuDmOmMy1011.

Anonymous