Did your divorce judge submit her final decision via email?

zzzzzoooooommmmmmggggggg

mine is going to... i realize this may not be the norm considering the special circumstances of my case.

she told us at trial last monday that she would send the final judgment to us via email this week. well needless to say, it didn't come today. ive had my email up all day and have been watching it like a hawk. errrr! i hate all this waiting around BS.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• Nope. It came by snail mail.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• That's new. I would think it'd have to be signed, stamped & sealed like most other court docs. Do you have a lawyer? What does he/she think about that? Is that normal practice these days?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• it probably will still have to be signed, notarized and then submitted back to the court.

but she is sending the document via email. and no, i dont have a lawyer :(
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I've never heard of that. I suppose maybe she could be sending a copy, just so you have it more quickly? But I believe, for any legal reasons such as changing your name or proving custody/visitation arrangements or whatever, you would need a certified copy from the courts.

Even if she does send it by email, I would definitely get another copy from the courts that's certified, just to be absolutely safe.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Yes, I got a copy via email from the judge. My attorney got a paper copy for me from the courthouse.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Nope
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I didn't even have email when I got divorced! LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I'm sorry it's taking so long, hopefully you get an answer soon. I got an email but I do recall it moved fast when it came to a judges decision. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:19 AM on Jul. 30, 2013