I'll never survive the pain

of finishing 33 more pages of algebra notes.

Collage sux.

y du i hav 2 go 2 skool?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 8:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Algebra was created to see if the human brain really could take pressure and not explode.

When I took algebra, I watched a ton of instructional YouTube videos. I start to hyperventilate when I do see an algebra problem.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• lol! im starting back up at college this fall (hopefully if i can get my financial aid issues sorted out) and im starting waaaaay down at the bottom - beginning algebra. then i have to do intermediate algebra, and THEN ill be in college algebra. THAT is how terrible i am at math.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I am so not a math person. Scarily enough I gave birth to one and when he's not burning my brain with math, physics or robotics, I'm grateful. He very willingly helps his sister when I cannot.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:02 AM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Both of my parents were math majors in college. My dad was a math teacher, my mom was a tax accountant. I hate math. My son is a math wiz. He doesn't understand why people think math is hard.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Ugh! Math is my worst subject, so I feel your pain! There's a website called Math For Dummies Like Us- goes all the way up to Calc. Plus there are You Tube videos that show teachers working out problems on the board, if you get stuck. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I couldn't even survive freshman algebra. I think I'm smart but when it comes to algebra I can't wrap my mind around the idea. Sucks because all of that is pretty much required.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I feel for you, honey, I really do. The last time I had to face a problem with numbers and letters in it--the two really shouldn't mix--was in 1991, when I took a college algebra course over the summer. I did it that way for two reasons. First, the class was either going to ruin eight weeks of my life or sixteen, so I figured I'd go for the shorter of the two. And second, I was about to get married and I didn't think my new marriage would survive the brutal battle between me and the math. And in the last twenty-two years, I've never thought about algebra again and never had cause to use the horrid stuff in my everyday life like the teacher swore I would.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• I have always sucked at math of any kind, this is my second and last math class for college (if I don't fail, fingers crossed for me) then I will never have to evaluate a squared - b cubed + 5 which makes no sense because the answer will be some odd ass crap like b - 6
    cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• There was ONE instance of an algebra problem that I thought I might actually use, it was a word problem asking how many x miles you would go on a certain amount of gas, so ya that one I could get, but the rest no.
    cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2013