Free and reduced lunch question involving SSI

Okay so the application has a spot for 'student income' My son is 8 and gets little bit each month in SSI. My understanding is that that income doesn't count as household income. I was told not to include it as family income on applications for anything because it is not family income. Is this application different? When I do put it- it adds it to the family income... which it is not supposed to count towards... however this is *for* him along with is sister so is that correct or no. Do I add it or not? There is not mention of it in the FAQ's and I have been trying to get them to call me back for a week. I have to get the application in tonight for it to be approved or denied by the first day of school

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2013 in Special Needs

• Yes, you are supposed to add it. It's money you can use to provide food for him. My oldest used to get ssi and my kids received reduced lunch for a couple years when I was single. I always included it, it was in the instructions that I should.

Answer by missanc at 8:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2013

• Call the office of your children's school. Someone there will be able to help you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2013