anyone had.....

Anyone had a baby at 35 weeks? How was the baby and did he/she have to stay in the hospital a long time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 35 weeks is almost full term at 37 weeks they don't even try to stop labor. The baby is best to wait till 37 weeks but unless there are complications with the baby's lungs or other unforseen things the baby should be fine it also depends on birth weight before they will send the baby home
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My stepsisters and my cousin all had their babies at 34 weeks. None of them had to stay in the NICU. They were all small babies (like 4 or 5 pounds), but they were healthy. They're all happy toddlers now.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i had my 2 year old a 35 weeks. we went home the next day.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the baby really. The doctors will usually do an ultrasound to make sure the lungs are formed and that the baby is ready to handle life in the outside world and can give you a good picture of what will happen after the ultrasound. If the baby has difficulty breathing on his/her own or there are other concerns, he/she might have to stay in NICU for a few weeks. Some don't need any NICU time at all.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I should add my son was 5 days LATE and still spent a few hours in the NICU. It all depends on the baby really.
    NovemberLove