Does anyone else think this?

LOL I think my breastfed baby's poop smells good.. My husband says im gross but I think it has a sweet smell to it.

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 2:27 AM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never thought that myself about my own baby, but I've heard a few people say it about theirs before.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:04 AM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Smells like popcorn
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:07 AM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I knew a woman once who swore up and down that her baby's poop smelled of vanilla, as if there was a cake baking in her house. It just smelled like poop to me. She said she read that it was an evolutionary thing, that parents didn't think their infants smelled repulsive and thus they were more likely to take care of them instead of abandoning them but other people didn't have the same reaction as parents to a particular baby's poop.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:26 AM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I never thought it smelled good, per se, but it didn't gross me out the way other babies poop did.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:14 AM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I never thought is smelled good but it was much better then when they started eating "real" food.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:16 AM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I didn't breastfeed, but shit smells like shit and it all fucking stinks. My dd's shit could knock over a full grown elephant, I would retch when I changed her diaper when she was a baby.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Before she started solids it had this very sweet smell to it. I remember reading one woman laughingly saying that she actually thought her daughter's poop smelled like roses (seriously), and I totally knew what she meant. Because my kid's poop had a sickly sweet smell that did not smell like typical poop. I wouldn't say it smelled "good" but it's true that it wasn't foul the way poop usually is. And it wasn't a "parent" thing, as in an evolutionary delusion to help make infant care more palatable, lol, because I detected the change in smell after she was no longer exclusively breastfed & was eating solid foods. Same baby; poop was more smelly with a distinctive, recognizable "poop" smell.

It was the same with my twin boys, who also were breastfed. That sickly sweet smell.

I wouldn't say it smelled "good" but it wasn't offensive and it didn't smell like poop or a typical "dump."
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 3:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Well it's less offensive than formula diapers, but I would never say it smells good.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I quess your a lucky one, because I breastfed and my son's poop smelled gross. I tried not to really ever smell it. I wasn't blessed with my son's poop smelling good. oh well.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Some of the questions people will ask... ; )
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 4:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2013