Do you send out samples or advertisement with out calling?

As a business owner do you ever send out samples without asking if they want one or not?

I know I get a lot of advertisement in the mail like postcard flyers and things..

I've been thinking recently about just sending out my "samples" instead of calling each individual! I am a Fundraising Specialist/Distributor!

I'd only be sending so many a week, August is my biggest month with school starting back up and working with all the schools. I send them a sample packet which includes a Catalog, Business Card, Sample Discount Card, Sample Scratch & Help with Coupons, and a small Sample Scent!

Would you call to see if you could send them one or would you just send them out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• I would call the school and ask if I could come and present my product as a possible fundraiser for the school. As an alternative I would ask if I could send a sample and some literature, if that would be more convenient.
    I suppose it would depend on what the sample consisted of, as to whether I would even think about sending unsolicited and of course the cost of doing so.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Give it a try. What can it hurt? If it doesn't work, you'll know for next year, and all you'll be out is a bit of printing and postage.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• We own several small retail stores. We do not send anything to anyone without their approval. We've considered sending out those text blasts but still haven't decided if it's beneficial or not.

We will hang flyers and advertise in the newspaper of upcoming sales, but otherwise, notta.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I don't work just locally... I work all over the US.. And most contact me before I'm even able to contact them :| :)..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• If I sent out samples "cold" I'd be in big trouble!
    *wink wink*
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I do know someone who sends out samples without calling places and she gets alot of call backs because of it.
    lauravmendez

Answer by lauravmendez at 2:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I think it depends on the product, and your budget. I would think just randomly sending out samples unsolicited would be costly. Now, running a sample-request would be a better idea. That way you're not just hoping someone wants the sample enough to contact you, likes it, and requests to buy.
    Konflickted5

Answer by Konflickted5 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 5, 2013