Refinancing is such a hassle!

I've been working on getting my mortgage refinanced for about two months now, and I had no idea it would be such a headache. I've now been passed along to the third person working on the loan, and each time I get dumped off on somebody new, that person wants me to submit the same damn documents I faxed In before. Seriously, for the third time, I have to send in the signed and dated loan application, and I just submitted my insurance information for the second time.

Is it always like this, or did I just get blessed with a prized bunch of idiots?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• Sounds like you got idiots. Don't know which bank you're dealing with, but we are refinancing thru US Bank & we have our closing set for next Thurs. It should not take that long & should not require duplicate docs. If I were you I'd ask to speak to a supervisor & tell them they are not the only bank in the world & that you will take your business elsewhere if they don't get their act together. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• You got idiots. Take your business elsewhere.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Go somewhere else. Mine was quick and painless.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Try this site or use your local bank

http://www.bankrate.com/funnel/mortgages/?
    prods=216&points=0&loan=165000&perc=20&ic_id=CR_SearchMtgProdTypeProduct_default_30yearfixedrefi_V1
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• It took us a long time as well. We refied with the same bank that held our mortgage, but because we moved and turned the house into an investment property, it led to all sorts of followup calls. They called our landlord where we live now and our insurance company. DH started a new job, so the underwriters had him sign forms about getting a corporate card. We had to sign off that we set up internet (showed up on our credit). We had a 2nd LOC on the house that caused all sorts of headaches, too. They froze it because our equity was low, but then reopened it, we paid it off, and they still charged us $300 for not having it paid off a week before our closing.

It was all sorts of craziness we had to justify when our credit scores are both over 800.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:15 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Oh I take back every good thing I just said about US Bank! We were all set to close next week & just got a call today from the title company about something they were made aware of back in June! Now we can't close until that is straightened out. I'm furious! If I would not be out the $324.00 it took to get the ball rolling on this, they'd be told where to shove their refi! AGH! Banks suck!!!!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2013