5 ways to improve the black community

It starts off with a Zimmerman referrence.  Please continue.  It takes about 2 maybe 3 minutes to watch and I think there are some good points.

I would like to know what you think and are any of his points valid.

What do you disagree with and why?

Do you have other thoughts on how black people or other ethnic communities can help themselves?

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2013/07/27/nr-lemon-no-talking-points.cnn

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 2:55 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I think he's right on target. Btw - the things he mentions go for all races (except for the N word, since nobody thinks its acceptable for any other race to use), it just happens to be that he's speaking to the black community

Answer by missanc at 3:27 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Why do we have to improve "the black community".... why can't we just make "the community" better. We all live in one no matter what color/race/religion we are!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• "Why do we have to improve "the black community".... why can't we just make "the community" better."Crafty
    Well I do agree with, if it was a perfect world. Using my city as an example, we have the "north end". The north end is 90% black. It very VERY high crime. And in that commentary OP was talking about, matched all 5 things that the blacks need to do in their community. I see little little black babies and kids running around in areas at 11 at night and the mom is high, or not even there. Teens mouthing off at police officers. These teens were like 13 to 15 yrs old. Had no respect at all for authority, not even for their parents. Others had the ass hanging out the pants. And the garbage was everywhere, and smelled real bad. Abandoned and vandalized homes. I know people has lost their home, but the homes in the north end would be gutted out, siding ripped off, copper taken out the walls...

cont
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• and plumbing. I have even seen bodies that have been shot and left where they died. Some even has been there for 2 days. If white people venture in this section of town intending to help the black community clean the area up, would be laughed at, beat up in the name of Trayvon, robbed, and at night or sunset even raped. We all want a better community, less violence, drugs, trash, gangs, abandoned homes or at least leave the abandoned homes alone. But in order for a community to get better, we all need to do it. But if the black community doesn't want to, or just to lazy too, what you do about it.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

•          

Its stuff like this the guy mentioned on the Talking Points. Why do the black communites let this happen? 

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• How can you discuss something you don't even view?

I was discussing this statement... "5 ways to improve the black community".
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I agree with him.
    marymargret

Answer by marymargret at 4:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I think he makes some very good points. The same thing can be said for all communities, or all people. But it's true that some issues are more prevalent in ethnic communities.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I feel all communities have room to improve. What we're talking about is low-income communities no need to assume most blacks have issues or live in a bad community. I know there are problems but I just hate the constant complaining about a black community as if we're all the same and all down in the slums. We all have trash in our community that needs cleaning up so what?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:44 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Did you watch it crafty?
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2013