Resignation

I notified my employer via email that I'm resigning from my job and august 12th will be my last day. He wants me to sign a resignation form. My question is this a few of the guys in security at work said I don't need to sign any papers because I've already given them written notice by email and that I sent it to all the management that is all they should need.
What would be the reason they would want this?
The email is set up through the company email and this is where I have sent all my pass downs if the job.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• Just print out the email, sign it and hand him a copy. DON'T sign anything they have preprinted unless you read and comprehend EVERY SINGLE word!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Your e-mail did not have your official signature on it. That's what is needed. Why not just sign the form if you can leave on good terms?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I'd read it and make sure what it says and sign it. If you leave on good terms then it helps in the future. Never leave hard feelings behind because you never know when you may need them to help you in the future.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Some companies require real signatures. I don't see why its a problem.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• An email could have been generated from anyone. You need to formalize the termination notice.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:17 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• A signature
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• you don't have to sign anything but if you already sent an email and you are resigning why is there a problem with signing it?
    answersjunkie

Answer by answersjunkie at 3:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Why is this a problem?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• A lot of companies want exit forms with a signature to make everything official, and to have all the employees follow the same procedure.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:42 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Okay gotcha,didn't think about the little tweaks and the possibility of it not being me that wrote it out.I will finalize it today then!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2013