How can a woman tell?

I've known this guy for the past 3 years. He tells me I'm beautiful, he remembers specific details when we first went out but he's in this situation where he has to tell this girl he's been living with that it's over. He tells me she says it's over too. I've made sure he knows I'd love to start something up again and then he'll start flirting with me. I asked him flat out why haven't we gone out? He says other than plain stupidity he's in this situation (the roommate). Do I just leave him alone and if he's really interested he'll come around? How can I tell if he actually is interested or is he just playing me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• My hubby was married when we decided we liked each other. I told him I will not play 2nd fiddle to anyone, and that if he wanted to be with me then he needed to grow some balls and move out.
    He did. The next day.
    Today is our 8th wedding anniversary.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:25 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Hey, PGA, happy anniversary!

As to the original question, if he has to be coaxed into asking you out, he's not worth he effort.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:29 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• if he has to tell someone it's over- they are not "just" roomates
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:43 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• room mates
    feralxat

• he's in this 'situation'

he has to tell this girl he's been living with that it's over (but has not yet)

He says other than plain stupidity

he's in this situation (the roommate).

----------

How can I tell if he actually is interested or is he just playing me?...read the above words

Do I just leave him alone...yes

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• sounds like he wants to overlap the ladies, so he has a backup

do you really want to be the overlap gal?
    if so, use a condom, in fact double wrap that dick...he might be overlapping a few women (gross)

if and when he does not have a roommate (a.k.a. girlfriend) make he work for it (take you out- don't be easy)
    JMHO
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Okay, here's the problem.

He says he needs to tell her it's over, then says she says it's over, too. Well...if she says it's over, then why does he need to tell her? Doesn't that seem a bit suspicious to you?

Personally, I wouldn't be with a guy like that at all, because if he's doing this with you, he just might do it to you someday. BUT, if I was that determined to have him, then I'd do like PGA said and tell him that if he wants me, he needs to be free of her completely. Until that happened, I'd be out living my life and if I met someone else...his loss.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• So he has a SO? Leave him alone. Tell him come find you when you leave her.

Answer by louise2 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• He needs to make a decision and try not to hurt all involved. Until he does I would leave him alone.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Wendythewriter ...he said they both know its over but he has to tell her to pack up and move out. That's what he says he doesn't know how to do. He doesn't like hurting people's feelings.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2013