How can i help my son sit up?

My son is 6 months old and every time i sit my son up he falls over. He is my 1st baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just answered this question and you deleted it.

Give him more tummy time. Babies need to strengthen their abdominal muscles before they can balance. When they push up for tummy time, it works to strengthen their abs.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:50 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• can he crawl? Motor some way?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Just leave him be. He will do it when ready. There is nothing you can do. My kids were around 7 months
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• ok thank you
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Lay him on his belly on the carpet or a blanket and put toys around him that he has to reach for. Or lie on your back and put him, belly down, on your tummy. He will push up to get to your face. That was what I did because my baby didn't like tummy time at first.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:30 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• My son had the same problem, he didn't start till he was 8 months. It could be a developmental delay. Now that's he older we are still a little bit behind he doesn't have a good core strength is what they said. The best thing you can do is work on it now here's a link that might be helpful: http://preschooler.thebump.com/core-strengthening-activities-kids-5337.html

I really wish i would of been able to act quicker. My son is trying to build his core strength but he's almost 4
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2013