If you are anti vax-Since pampers is donating for Vaccines when you buy their diapers are you not going to buy their diapers anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I hope people don't do that. That money goes to give children in developing countries vaccines against polio and other fatal diseases.
    Anonymous

• Don't non-vaxers use cloth diapers? JK!
    Anonymous

• I am torn on this. I think that the pros outweight he cons in third world countries and that even if the vaccine has side effects, they are better than death. I do not vax my children, nor am I vaxed. I also don't use disposable diapers, but I did pick up a couple packs opf their wipes to keep in the car since it was for a good cause. I'm just so torn. I havn't done enough reserach on vaccines in other countried as they do not apply to me. Maybe I will. My heart goes out to poverish countries and I wish I could adopt a million babies and make them well.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No I wont buy pampers now because I think all kids should be exposed to deadly diseases.
    Anonymous

• Anon, wheather it was a joke or not, that was very disrespectful to say that us no vaxers are all the same. Yes, we care about our childrens health and the enviornment, please, by all means, make your ignorant jokes.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well, I do actually cloth diaper, and don't vaccinate. I think the same people who worry about the harm of vaccines also worry about the toxins in disposable nappies, so it may not be an as over-generalisation as others think.

In regards to Pampers, those vaccines can actually be harmful to the third worlds kids, alot of kids there are already sick or malnourished and alot of them die after being vaccinated.

In a lot of parts of the 3rd world parents do not voluntary give their children to vaccination because of the high death rate - but the WHO can come in and force them to do it. Some of them hide their healthy kids and sacrifice the sick ones to vaccination. No as "do good" as they'd like you to think.
    And third world countries are often used for vaccine testing without knowing it.
    Beside that -- only the cheap, filled with mercury vaccines go to third world countries. No good for any children.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well 1, I use cloth diapers. I am an alternative vaxin mama btw.

You are comparing apples to oranges here.

Polio and fatal diseases are rampant in 3rd world countries. Polio is nonexistent in the US, BIG difference.

I did vax my daughter against polio but that was before I educated myself. if i could go back I would have skipped that one.

Anyway, I think it is much more important to be vaxed in a 3rd world country than in the US where my daughter barely saw anyone but me and her dad for the 1st year of life, kwim?
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 4:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• lady savage did pampers tell you all that or are you just pulling it out of your butt, because that's what it sounds like.
    Anonymous

• the vaxes are for tetanus, not polio.
    Anonymous

• LADYSAVAGE - wow, if any of that is accurate, that's very disturbing. Where did you find this out? I would love to read more about this.
    Anonymous