Could you???

Ever be with someone who has herpes? They are undergoing treatment and have been outbreak free, for almost a yr. I do not and have any std and have never come across someone I like who's had one. I'm very torn I want more kids I have two now. But this guy seems like an awesome man. He got it from his cheating ex wife. So what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• nice he is honest up front with you- many out there in dating world (i assume) are not
    if he can tell you this before you two sleep together, then he most likely will be as honest as possible when you two are together sexually, so you have less chance of getting it too
    can use condoms always, this will reduce chance by a lot

if he is an awesome guy, i would not hold this only thing against him
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:41 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• If it were just me i don't think I'd really care but I'm the only one my girls have... Fiat pax I think ur right not many ppl I think would tell me this early into things
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Are you married to him? Sounds like no. I would not go there, you're not married. End of story.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 9:00 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• But you couldn't have unprotected sex with him, so how would you have more kids?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• If it were just me i don't think I'd really care but I'm the only one my girls have..

^ what does this mean?
    herpes will not have an impact on your kids????
    you do not die from it- IF he would transfer to you

confused by this statement you made
    -----------
    if you are invested in him, think he is great, and would commit to him in a heartbeat IF it were not for this health issue- then you have to think if you will find another that is as good as him AND not have some issue

your choice
    i am old, and the pickings are thin, so i am coming from this viewpoint
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• It's good that he told you, obviously cares for you and respects you, you'll have to sort out how you feel about the herpes.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:40 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• You know you do not die from Herpies right? It is something you live with for the reast of your life.

Answer by louise2 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• A high school friend got herpes from her cheating fiance. She dumped him, but has to live with that lovely reminder of him. She married a great guy about 6 years later and have 2 beautiful kids. I know they take precautions and I think she had her kids by c-section. If a condom is used you should be protected but you should definitely ASK YOUR OB/GYN!

The fact that this guy told you speaks volumes about his integrity. Sounds like a keeper to me.
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 10:19 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• Nope.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 31, 2013