Do you try to be badass?

Or do you typically just do what feels good to you..what and when you want.
My SO started exercising I said why are you starting to work out so much?
He said cuz you don't just wake up badass...
I thought it was funny
Then he said use it or lose it.
Maybe its because Im sick that Im feeling less motivated but I am 5'6 and 130 lbs, by no means overweight...so I guess I dont feel bad
But when he works out I have the urge to start doing the same so I can look sexy for him to.
Anyway, so do you feel that you try pretty hard to be awsome?
Or do you not try that hard because you are already happy and think you were just born perfect the way you are...
For me, I dont try that hard, and I just do what I please, but I know some people that damn, they take 2 hours getting ready in the morning and are obsessed with making themselves look desirable.

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Oh I tried to be a badass, next morning I couldn't move my dh had to get me out of bed.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:08 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I try to be as healthy as I can. Beyond that, it doesn't matter much to me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:34 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• This is hilarious as I sit here with ice on my ankle! I AM overweight, and I have not really been struggling to lose weight since I just started a few months ago, but I could lose 20lbs. So I started walking/jogging easy stuff while pushing the stroller, then I moved on to faster running without the stroller and with my German Shepherd. Then I added Insanity. And this is when things turn south. I have not had anything other than the usual muscle soreness while running but since I added Insanity I have had ankle pains. I went a week exercise free letting my left ankle heal. Today is day 2 back at Insanity and day 1 back at running yet here I am, home after only 2 miles with an icepack.
    I do get the need to feel "badass" because I feel so badass while I am running haha.
    I work out now twice a day because my DH is deployed and has a lot of time on his hands to work out and he's buff now!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:38 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

• I'm overweight, and working on it.

That said? I'm still bad ass every morning when I wake up. I don't have to try to be awesome, it comes naturally.

And I have never felt bad ass after working out, LOL.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I spent two and a half years being badass in taekwondo. I made it to black belt rec. I was covered in insane huge purple bruises all the time. I felt like crap. I did it, and now I'm done. Now I do more practical stuff like using the treadmill, and more enjoyable stuff like trampoline aerobics.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Also, I do plan to get into kickboxing when the kids start back in school. I don't see myself doing that long term though.
    JulieJacobKyle

• I'll be 40 tomorrow, so yeah it takes a little more work now than it did at 25/30 when I could eat whatever, never workout and still feel great. But I do it more for how I feel than my weight, I'm happy with that

Answer by missanc at 9:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• i'm on the fence. I try to be as a term to be a bad ass. But, i ended injuring myself and have to take time off. So, I now I really try to focus on that these pounds aren't coming off over night. I look at the small changes in my body and be accepting. I just go and try to work my body. But, not get to caught up in looking really good. As that usually sets me up for failure. Good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• DH would kill me if I spent 2 hours getting ready.

I do like to exercise and try to stay in shape. I mostly do it for my health. I guess I kinda care that DH likes the way I look, but he's not into superficial stuff. All that makeup and fake stuff turns him off. I wear a little mascera and light stuff just to look awake. ; )

He does appreciate that I take care of myself in the long run, health wise.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 9:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2013