Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Does this sound like a miscarriage? Please help!

I am freaking out a little. I'm not pregnant (or that I know of). It is around my period and I am bleeding SO heavily. I can barely stay off of the toilet because I am bleeding that much. I have blood clots coming out of me and I have terrible cramps and back pain... My period is usually mild and I don't know what to do. I mean if I go to the ER there isn't anything they can do for a miscarriage but what if it is something else? Does this sound like a miscarriage? Please help =/

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (7)
  • Please go to the ER anyway. There's no way to tell you what it is, but this much bleeding is NOT good. So off the computer, and off to the ER.

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:13 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

  • Sounds like you are hemorrhaging. Go to the ER.

    If you are bleeding through a heavy duty pad in an hour, that is concerning and you need to be seen by a doctor.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:14 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

  • If you are soaking through more than one pad in fifteen minutes, which it sounds like you are if you can't get off the toilet, you need to go to the hospital.

    Answer by Ballad at 11:24 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

  • I second these ladies ^

    Answer by Cowbell88 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2013

  • It could be though it sounds doubtful to me if you have been using any kind of precautions.
    Sometimes our bodies will not completely empty all of the blood and matter in your uterus and the next one or even two can be horrendous. Be thankful your periods are not that heavy and full of clots every time like some women.
    If you are close to being due for your GYN, I would go ahead and make the appointment. It is always better to be safe than sorry

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:34 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • You should really go to the ER just in case.

    Answer by Jbeas0712 at 1:00 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • It **could** be, but you should be seen by a doctor who has the resources needed to run tests and find out for sure. Go to the ER.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.