Time to go bra shopping

I'm not sure if I need to buy training bras or wait a little longer. My 9 yr is starting to develope a little.

What's the point of training bras if its not for support?
What age was your dd when it happened?
How well did it go, and how did you handle it?

It's my oldest so it's my first time.

Asked by wifey000175554 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I'm so glad I had boys! GL

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I would imagine that it has to do with nipple coverage.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• You buy them for one of two reasons; because your daughter is uncomfortable and she wants to wear one (this is a self esteem issue) or because she has developed a little and "shows" (this is a modesty or privacy issue)

Answer by Dardenella at 12:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Either your daughter wants to wear a training bra because all of her friends have them, or her nipples have started to show through her clothes. Either way, make it a fun mother and daughter experience if you can. Go out to lunch or see a movie, maybe get your hair done together or treat your daughter to having her ears pierced if they aren't already. I always wished my mom had done something a little more special than just buying bras and telling me I had to wear them from then on. I was so embarrassed, I remember, going to school and wondering if anybody could see; I tried to wear a big heavy sweatshirt in the spring to hide my secret.

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• my dd just turned 7 and she got a training bra to wear under light colored shirts and dresses b/c she noticed her little nipples. I think it's fine that she wears it b/c I don't want other kids pointing them out.

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I am in the same situation. My daughter is 10. I like the ears pierced idea. I'm thinking of going to Macy's.

Answer by mompam at 8:40 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• My dd wanted one around that age to cover her nipples. Justice has some really cute comfortable bras for girls, I believe they are having a 40% off sale right now.

Answer by missanc at 9:12 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• my daughter is nine and i got her one and she is mixed about wearing it she is still unsure what to think

Answer by fulecha at 12:56 AM on Aug. 3, 2013