Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth

As some of you recall, this book was the subject of a brief but lively discussion earlier in the week.

After listening to the author, I went ahead and downloaded a sample of his book and then went ahead and purchased it outright.  It's written beautifully and his feelings on the subject are heartfelt yet he presents the information with excellent citations and clear documentation of research.  All in all, very enjoyable for a layman like myself.

Regardless of how you may have felt he was treated in the interview featured earlier, do you think you'd pick up this book for yourself?

Mrs_Prissy

Asked by Mrs_Prissy at 11:58 PM on Jul. 30, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's something I would read. I have it on hold at the library.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I must have missed the interview.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• It sounds interesting. I don't read much outside of my job lately because by the time I get through with a day of proofreading, the last thing my brain wants to do is soak up more words. But it would be a good read.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I'm not big on reading really- but this might be interesting.
    *I saw the interview yesterday and wow...and then I saw him talking about it-how he hated having to sort of defend himself to her. Awful!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:44 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• i definitely want to read it
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I'd read it. I love books and there isn't anything I wouldn't read, even if I disagree with the author.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I want to read it. It sounds like it is fascinating and I always love hearing scholars who are knowledgeable talk about the life of Jesus.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Yes, I can't wait to read it. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2013