2cm dialted and water broke at 29 weeks! Been in the hospital for 10 days now! Help !

I went to my doctors office last week and he said I was 2cm and cervix was very soft. He said we need to send up to L&D, I went to get checked and they said you are in ore term labor and we need to transport you with in the hour to the city where it's level 3 via ambulance. I got transferred and ten minutes after I arrived to the hospital, my water broke ! They put me on magnesium and steroids for the baby's lungs to mature. Contractions have completely stopped and they can't release me until I give birth. I am 30 weeks and 4 days, they said if I don't go into labor myself, they will induce at 34 weeks! That's not till another month! I have a toddler at home and 2 other children! I feel like I am dying here. I am on bed rest and can't take this anymore ! I have no control over anything that concerns me. I'm feeling depressed from being in this room and bed for 10 days now! The last thing I wanted was to be depressed during pregnancy and after I gave birth! I'm feeling awful ! I'm just hoping to go into labor and get this over with! I spoke with the pedi team and they said anything after 30 weeks is completely safe and not to worry about it.
I'm just feeling hopeless and sad and going into a deep depression !
Please help !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I'm so sorry. Keep your mind focused on keeping your baby healthy. Every week it can cook inside is better for it. 34 weeks is much better than 30, especially for the lungs.

Keep a journal to record all these thoughts, but stay strong.

I had my dd at 33 weeks, and it was agony spending a month visiting her in the NICU when I wanted her home.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• My daughter is having similar issues at 33 weeks. We are hoping she can make it to 36 weeks.

I hope you do also
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:24 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• As awful as it feels, you're in the best place you can be right now. Are there any family members who can help you? How about a church?

If they're allowing visitors, get folks in to see you. It's depressing to be on your own.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• What you are going thru is all for the baby.... Just think how good you will feel when you finally get home!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Keep yourself busy. Read, knit, do origami, crossword puzzles, call up friends and family, make cards for your other kids, take up something you always wanted to but never had the time!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:31 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I know ten days feels like an eternity, and the thought of staying in the hospital for another month seems almost unbearable. But really, this is all a very short chapter in your life and in the life of the child waiting to be born. Once you have the baby and get back home to your family, everything will be worth it. Hang in there, and remember what you're working for. Hopefully your children can be brought to see you, and other visitors will drop in. Feel free to chat on CM Answers if you get too bored and lonely; there's usually someone around to shoot the breeze with. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Talk to social services and a patient advocate to ensure that your mental health needs are being met. You want to keep the stress to a minimum.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:01 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• You know, I think what bothers me the most is my DD!!!! She's 2 and she's having a hard time adjusting! I miss her so freaking much, it hurts ! I feel like I'm missing out on so much with her ! I miss my little boy as well! The days are so very long here! Nurses coming in and out all night and I'm not getting any sleep, during the day it's just so boring! I see moms coming in and out with all these adorable newborns and while I'm just sitting here, all alone! The positive thing is, my husband! He's been so amazing through all this! Making sure I have everything I need and want, joking around, has slept here every night since I was admitted! Maybe I should see a therapist while I'm here. I'm really worried about falling into a deep depression and the thing is, there is no time for me getting depressed and having a newborn in the nursery for a couple of weeks and other children to take of.
    Thank you everyone :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2013