Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Help! My little girl went to stay witj her dad and step mom for the summer and now they are having her call me and tell me she wants to live with them. What do I do now?!

Answer Question

Asked by LizzyGunn82 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • Who has legal custody? If you do, then tell them tough titties and if they don't send her back at the appointed time call the cops on them. If they do, sorry, nothing you can do but go to court.

    How old is she? How do you know it is them telling her and not her actually wanting to live there? Is it a good environment for her? What would be best for HER, not you? Think about all of that before you make a decision as well.

    Answer by kmath at 12:20 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • What does your custody agreement say?

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:22 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • This is why you ALWAYS go thru the court systems. If you don't have any legal documents they could just keep her and you'll be SOL.

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:28 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • How old is the child? Do you think she's making this decision on her own or is she being unduly influenced? Is she giving you any reasons or just saying she wants to move? What is the environment like at your home? At the home where she is now? Was she having any problems before she went away for the summer?

    Answer by Ballad at 12:51 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • Again, no communication!

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • If there's a custody order in place, call the police to make sure it's enforced. If there is not, then call a lawyer and GET ONE.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • If she's over 12, she can tell the courts what she wants. Please answer the questions you've been asked, so we know a little more.

    Answer by funlovinlady at 8:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • too bad so sad if there is a court order custody agreement in place. If not, get a lawyer so one can be made.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:58 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • assume you have a court order
    and if child has been with you close to full time for years
    no way judge would over turn you having full custody
    because a child had a fun month at daddys


    Answer by fiatpax at 10:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

  • My 5 year old did that when i got divorce and when i went and got him he was ok with comin back home. if ahe is on the phone doing that to you she is being coached and with it being your baby girl she is just scared to say anything differant and nothing against step parents because i was raised by my step dad but some will say anything to a kid

    Answer by fulecha at 12:52 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.