Stuffed animal.solution?

I went through dd3s stuffed animals multiple times. Got rid of all I could. What's left is her favorites and the special ones to me and ones that were gifts. There is still 3 garbage bags of them. Do I get stricter on giving more away or is there a sensible way to store them?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Space bags.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:12 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• my kids have those big nets hanging from the ceilings in their rooms for stuffies. They can't seem to part with any either!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:35 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• My daughter has probably a hundred stuffed animals. What I did was bought a little tent that she likes to sleep in sometimes. But mostly it's set up in her room and all the animals get heaped up inside. I'll have to go through them sooner or later.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:09 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• DS's stay on his bed or in the top of his closet. He has a ton of them, but they are manageable right now. He just isn't allowed to get any more! LOL
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:39 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I put them in the soft pop up hampers. One I have looks like a frog & has a top that flips open.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:37 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• We also have the nets that hang in the corner of the room. But 3 garbage bags full? I would give some more away.

Answer by missanc at 11:52 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I haven't gone through my son's animals yet. But every parent does it. I would say give them away, or whatever you can do to purge them. It's such a waste of space.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Sounds like you have a good criteria. Maybe take a look at the ones you're keeping "because they were gifts" rather than because she loves them or you love them. That may help you pare it down to something more manageable.
    But then, have some sort of appealing storage solution for the ones that remain. Even when there are relatively a lot of them, if they're loved & seeing play action, it is worthwhile & also possible to manage. Soft storage (a large-ish canvas bin or two) can be a good solution. Or some kind of open bin storage (not so much a shelves-with-cubes type of thing, which is better for pieces/parts and things like cars/instruments/balls, but something more open that can handle a tumble of stuffed toys.) Then they are readily available, and you also have a place for them to go (that is easy to manage.)
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 2:06 PM on Jul. 31, 2013