HELP!

My 2.5 is at her Nana's this week and I have painted her room and I am thinking of taking out her crib and putting a toddler bed. Will this really freak my child out or should I wait?
If I should wait, what age is the best age to move them to a toddler bed or any bed for that matter??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son did fine at about 18 months, he loved his big boy bed. My dd wanted her baby bed until she was 3. They are all different.

Try moving her to a toddler bed but keep the baby bed handy in case it needs to go back up for a while.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I waited until I could take my daughter shopping, and let her pick out her own little mermaid bedset, and that really got her excited about being able to sleep i her "big girl bed." She was 2.5 at the time, but I found that involving her in such a change was worthwhile.
    Lauren1104

Answer by Lauren1104 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Depends on your child and how attached she is to her things and how well she handles changes. Only you can answer your question!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I moved my kids out as soon as they climbed out the first time, so they were around two. Call her on the phone and ask her what she'd think about it. I wouldn't do it without telling her just because she might be scared that things will change every time she leaves.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2009