Scentsy question

Since you are online PGA

The new house I am in... The previous tenant sold scentsy. I am allergic to perfumes and she stored her stuff in the hallway closet. I have been puking and sniffling and having headaches. I cannot open that door without puking. What can I do to get rid of the scent?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:17 AM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Try a bowl of water with baking soda in it for now, and then get me more info!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I honestly don't know why it would be lingering like that. I mean as far as the bars go, I can walk by mine and never smell them.
    Here's a thought- hold your nose and look around in there to see if she left something behind- like a little fabric scent pak or a hanging scent circle. What does it smell like? A mix of like 100 scents or is there one prominent scent?
    The only other thing I can think is maybe she sprayed a ton of something in there to cover up some kind of odor like litter box or something.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:23 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Another thought- do you know who the tenant was? Maybe I can contact her and ask her what she did so I can come up with a way to get rid of it! PM me if you know!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:26 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Is there a way you can set up a fan in the closet while you are out of the house and try to air it out?
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I feel for you. I have terrible allergies to synthetic scents. The charcoal didn't work, I guess? There's nothing spilled in there, like oil that soaked into the floor?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:47 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• You might want to try putting a large bowl of bicarb in there. It should absorb the smells quite well (it's what they use in those egg-shaped fridge fresheners).
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:35 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• It's a clusterfuck of scents, I can smell it when I walk in the front door. There's nothing in the closet- it's COMPLETELY immaculate in the house. She had no cat. It just reeks of perfumes/dyes/candles whatever.

I haven't gotten the charcoal yet. Tonight is the first night in the new house that we haven't been moving stuff out of the old house.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:13 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• i'll be sure not to buy any scentsy now!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• What are they? Candles and other scent products? If so and they're strong smelling then that sounds like something I may like. I swear my nose is broken, I can't smell things unless I put my nose right up to it and inhale deeply. I've been on the hunt for candles, sprays, etc that are strongly scented and I would be able to smell without shoving my nose into it.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• What does the water do Anne?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2013