Better grab a metal detector & explore your yards! This guy did & made quite a find $$$$

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/man-loses-keys--finds-15th-century-relics-instead-191705805.html

Oh if only! What a cool discovery. Wonder if I have any buried treasure in my yard?! :p

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:08 AM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• With Grizzly Adams as a neighbor, I'd be afraid to do much treasure hunting in my yard. I'm not sure I'd want to keep what I found.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I doubt I would find anything good. We're on a landfill. =/
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:19 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• We found about 10 cents and an old metal Xmas ornament.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• if you have an old home
    look under where a clothes line would have been
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:48 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• My father in law had a metal detector and enjoyed "p;ayong" I happened to notice it and mentioned it to him. He told me it had broken years ago and might see about getting another. We bought him one for Christmas and he has been out on the beaches and in his yard. He has picked up quite a bit but he is just having so much fun. I want one too.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• England and Wales have very strange laws on finds. A Treasure, which this potentially is, is taken into possession by the British Museum who then has the right to keep it and pay the finder "fair market" value or return it to the finder. There are laws in England and the US that restrict the use of metal detectors on public/government property.

The oldest thing I have ever recovered is a lithic (stone) drill, dated to 3000 BCE to 1000 BCE, usually the digs in my midwest area are contact period or historic.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 5:40 PM on Jul. 31, 2013