Glucose Tracking During Pregnancy

I was given the 1 hour glucose test which I scored a 157, instead of the ideal <130. I was then given the 3 hour glucose tolerance test, which I "passed": fasting was 86/abnormal would be 95 or higher; 1st hour was 178/abnormal would be 180 or higher; 2nd hour was 164/abnormal would be 155 or higher; 3rd hour was 109/abnormal would be 140 or higher. Since only one out of 4 of my numbers were out of the normal range, I was marked as "passing". To keep tabs on my own, I am monitoring my levels w/ the Onetouch Ultra, taking my readings first thing in the morning, and one hour after each meal. I am trying to find out what should be my normal numbers for 4x/day readings. Thanks in advance for your help!

I am tracking on my own because I was diagnosed w/ GD during my 1st pregnancy.  I asked my doctors if I could monitor on my own, and they thought this to be a good idea.

MamaMiah2013

Asked by MamaMiah2013 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Why are you tracking daily?
    Do you have a history of Gestational Diabetes?
    Did they tell you to track or come in for more testing?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:29 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• My fasting was supposed to be under 80, 2 hours after meals mine was supposed to be under 120. I had gestational diabetes with 4 out of my 5 pregnancies.

Answer by missanc at 10:30 AM on Jul. 31, 2013

• This is probably what you need to know:

I was in a similar situation to you when pregnant and saw the nutritionist at the local maternity who drew me up an eating plan. Basically, don't overdo the carbs, limit your fruit to two pieces per day, and stay away from all fruit juice and all sodas (low cal or not).

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:48 AM on Jul. 31, 2013