Halloween costumes already

do you have plans? have your kids made requests yet?

my kids grabbed the "chasing fireflies" magazine from the mailbox and are circling some $150+ messes (Um, no)

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Holidays

• I hate seeing the Halloween stuff and back to school stuff in the middle of summer! I LOVE summer and it's 1/2 over already! UGH!
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• We haven't even started talking about it! But my MIL just made a cinderella dress and a belle dress for my 3 yo daughter, they are gorgeous and she will probably use one of those. She also made a pirate costume for my 4 yo son and he has a spiderman costume that an older cousin gave him, he will probably use that.

Answer by missanc at 12:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I don't buy costumes till the last minute. My son changes his mind so many times. I would love to make them but I never make sure I have enough time to.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 12:42 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• We prob wont even discuss costumes until October because my 6yr old changes his mind too often
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:48 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• WOOHOO- Halloweenie stuff is coming out soon...
    *I just hope it's out before the Christmas stuff!

as for costumes- my 17 yr old son hasn't been interested since he was young and my 19 yr old daughter already has hers picked
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:53 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I already bought dd's Halloween costume and a matching costume for my dog since we take him trick or treating with us. I always get her Halloween costume in the summer. In fact I am so crazy about Halloween, that I will be decorating (the inside of the house) in the next couple of days (I'll wait until early to mid September to decorate the outside). This is our favorite holiday and we go all out for it. I have a small fortune invested in Halloween decorations and I like to have them up for a while to enjoy them. I bought dd a really cute peacock fairy costume at Pottery Barn Kids and I found a peacock costume at Amazon for my Chihuahua. She wants to be a zombie too, so she can be one for one of the Halloween parties she goes to every year.

Sorry for rambling, but I LOVE Halloween!!!
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• DS wants to be a zombie again! So, I have to get something together that is even better than last years. I am not buying a costume though, I'll put something together myself.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• We are having a party, and going as "The Family Guy" DD is Meg, husband is Peter, DS is going to be Brian (the dog) and I am Lois.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I hate it that the stores can't follow the seasons a little better. Halloween shouldn't even be on the radar in the beginning of August. I brought it up when someone posted the other day that she'd seen costumes and decorations in Wal-Mart already, and my five-year-old said, "Mom! Halloween's not in the summer. Don't worry about it."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• yes im soooo excited .....son petter pan, hubby hook and im going to be wendy
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 8:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2013