Very picky after my divorce

So, now that I was with a guy for over 8 years. I gave my heart and soul to the relationship. He is a nacrastic and I couldn't continue down the emotional abuse path with him. Because of that. I've lately hit a slump in dating. I'm stepping back from it all. I'm quite picky but I try to not think I am as I went down that path and look what I married. I just feel like some people find their soul mate or find love and it's so wonderful and works out and others struggle to find the one. I'm not hurrying any of it. I'm just not wanting to settle. I know most get divorced and then find a new guy and it's great. But for me. I'm hitting a slump on dating. I don't even want to go out with a guy unless I'm interested. I don't want to online dating because I think it's not really worth it. I'm just thinking it needs to be natural so I'm starting to think I might be single for a very long time.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 1:03 PM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Health

• I think that's natural. I've thought about what would happen if I ever found myself single and that's ^^ pretty much what I came up with lol. But the bright side is that when you DO find the "right" guy at least you'll know he'll be worth it instead of having to weed through all the bad ones again.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I think taking your time is a great idea. Even after you find someone take the time to really get to know them before you start to seriously date them as a bf. People are in such a hurry to just be in a relationship because the alternative is being alone, but it takes time to know someone.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I understand, I'm the same way. I think those that jump into relationships after a divorce do so because they fear being alone & they end up settling. I don't want to do that.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• It's good that you are being picky, don't settle for anything less than what you want. Learn to be happy by yourself and the right guy will come along. I wasn't looking for my husband at all when I went back to school, but we met as friends and then fell in love. He is so not my usual "type" but love happens when/where you least expect it!

Answer by missanc at 2:59 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I am in the process of putting money aside here and there for a divorce. When I get out of this I don't see myself dating again. It's good to be picky and not jump right back into the wagon again.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I always assumed I would stay single for the rest of my life after my divorce. I wasn't looking for another relationship. In fact, I didn't want one. It just happened.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2013