Would you buy your 11 yr old an airsoft gun?

My son wants one for his birthday . He plays supervised with his friends at their house with their equipment and the dad teaching safety. Now he wants his own gun, but I am very hesitant because he has younger siblings .

blessed11x

Asked by blessed11x at 2:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes. I would and I did. I also have a 3 and 4 yo, but my now 13 yo knows and follows the rules we set up for safety. He plays with his friends and has a lot of fun!

Answer by missanc at 2:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Sure. And it is for outside use only.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:00 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• He'll shoot his eye out!
    Anonymous

• Of course, with the understanding the first time it is left out, or pointed at someone, or used with out an adult present, the thing will be broken in half and retired.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I would have no reservations about buying my son one at that age but just like the rifle (which is what I actually purchased) it needs to be locked safely away.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:08 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• sure
    by the time my kids were 11 they had bb guns and had completed hunting safety courses so they also go to shoot rifles
    answersjunkie

Answer by answersjunkie at 3:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Yes if he is responsible at his friends house. Set the rules down and what will happen ahead of time and then follow thru if they are broken.

By 11 ours will have had his own BB gun and most likely around 13/14 his first .22
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:09 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Yep, I don't have a problem with it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Sure, if I thought he could be trusted to follow the safety rules we worked out. There would be one, and only one, second chance after a lapse.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I got my 14 yr old one and hes doin good with it so far he has one friend o wont let him play it the gun around the friend a is not careful at all
    fulecha

Answer by fulecha at 12:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2013