Going anon because I am a little hurt and embarrassed

My daughter is pregnant and she calls every day. This is good. Mostly it is whining about pregnancy but it is still ok.
His family lives a little closer. That is Ok too.
So instead of saying something to me about house the house is messy and it is bothering her that she isn't supposed to be doing that stuff. She calls her MIL.
They go and visit them more often from the beginning and this I have tried to shrug off.
Don't get me wrong they are much better financially than we are and their home is more pleasant and they have a pool, which is nice to float in, I am sure.
Would you be hurt or concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Could you pop in on your daughter for a visit now and then, even if she doesn't come over to your house much? I can see where you would be a little hurt, but the only thing you can control is the way you respond to a situation.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:41 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• It's probably very frustrating to not be closer to your dau & soon to be grandbaby. I can assure you, as much as she turns to her MIL, she still knows who her mama is & will probably call you daily once the baby comes with all kinds of questions. You may want to invest in Skype by the time the baby is old enough to sit on her lap & talk to G-ma on the computer! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Well, that's good that you're only 20 mins away. Even tho the inlaws have more money, you can give her your time. It's free but very valuable. You can be there to help her around the house & with the baby when it's born.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I am sorry I gave the wrong impression. MIL is about 5 minutes away and I am about 20 minutes. I could easily be at her home at any time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• maybe she doesn't want to burden you, why not just show up and straighten the house for her while visiting?
    answersjunkie

Answer by answersjunkie at 3:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I would tell her how you feel. Maybe she is not thinking that it would hurt you.. Honesty is always best. As long as you are gentle with it.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 31, 2013