I had a very exciting & scary day yesterday!

A strange Man was perusing the neighborhood. My Son saw him in the front looking at our house & called me. He probably saw my son peeking at him. I got a bad feeling. I watched out my window, he pulls up in my Neighbors driveway & bangs on their door. Then proceeds into their backyard & takes out a piece of machinery out of his storage thing. Puts it into the trunk of his car. I got his plate # while he was pulling out of the driveway.

When my Neighbor came home I asked him if he had someone coming over for a big tool or machine, he said no. He looked in his yard & his pressure washer was gone. He called the Police & I gave a statement. I spoke to a Detective today & he was shocked I got the plate #. I gave him a description of the guy too. I could kick myself for not calling the Police sooner but I thought it may be a friend of his that was borrowing a tool. At least I got the plate. I hope they get the creepo! It's just very scary being home with kids alone. It's a really nice (up until now) crime free neighborhood. I can't shake this nervous feeling. I want to take a walk outside but now I have the willies. :(

So how was your day?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 3:25 PM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Wow- that is freaky! I think you did exactly the right thing. Unless the car was stolen, they should be able to catch whoever did this. You may want to invest in some "home protection" since you are home alone with the kids.

My day has been pretty much the same ole, same old. Laundry, chores, errands & CM. :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Oh wow at least you got the number hopefully the get the guy. my day was filled with cleaning not fun lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• It's crazy how safe you feel until something happens then you start to pay attention to every detail. We lived next door to this really nice older Korean couple for seven years, until one day we were leaving the house to bring my DH to summer camp and outside my door there were 4 police officers with big black guns they asked us to evacuate for the day. Later we found out my nice Korean neighbours were harbouring a murder for seven years and not one person in my neighbourhood knew this murder was in their home he was their son. I'll never look at anyone the same again.

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 3:38 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• My friend just had a man walk into her house and steal her purse. She was home with her two young kids giving them a bath, heard a noise in the livingroom. Walked out to the man strolling out he door with her purse in hand. She of course called the police... he was caught and arrested. She was smart like you and got his plate number!!! She lives in a quiet neighborhood and leaves the door unlocked. My family always makes fun of me for locking our door when we are home...this has just reaffirmed my locking the door!

That is creepy... good for you getting the license plate info. I have been in that situation before too when you aren't sure if you should call or not. Good for them that you did take his number down. Hopefully they will catch him.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• hey, i thought my neighborhood was safe too until a few months ago when several FBI agents were banging on my neighbor's door around 11pm! then one of my other neighbor's had his house broken into in the middle of the day.

good for you for getting the plate number. just remember to keep your doors locked all the time.

when we first moved here 10 years ago, we'd leave the garage open all the time and nothing ever happened. but now i keep it closed.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Times are different now. We never locked our doors when I was a kid and this town was nothing more than a dot on the map. But now it's a small city, and I never leave my door unlocked, even when I'm home. I always check it at night before bed or if I have to go upstairs for something.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Chalk one up for the good guys! At least you got the plate, and at least there are neighbors who still look out for each other. Thumbs up to you.

My day's okay. I overslept again this morning, the wild kids woke me up. We're going to the fair tonight and the zoo tomorrow, so they're excited.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Yikes, thank goodness you were home, I bet your neighbor will let you borrow his power washer anytime you want!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:14 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Wow, that is very creepy. I hope they catch the guy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2013