Today's Question: What does “self-­‐esteem” and “body confidence” mean to you?

So this question is on the side here but I think it warrants further discussion... 
I don't see an answet that I woiuld choose here. In fact I don't see “self-­‐esteem” and “body confidence” as being interchangeable. What would you give as your answer to this question if it weren't multiple choice???

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Yeah, saw that and just shook my head. Self esteem is confidence in general; it's feeling good about the self in many areas. Body confidence is feeling good about your body
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• That's a tough one. I'd have to say self-esteem means I have confidence in my abilities.

Body confidence, however, would mean being comfortable in my own skin....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:52 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I don't think they are interchangeable either. Body confidence is being comfortable with how you look no matter what size you are. Self-esteem is more about the kind of person you are and loving yourself, though body image is a part of it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:33 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I would say that it means confidence in yourself, I don't care for the check the box answers either, I have been ultra thin, and much more concerned with the way I look than I am now at 20 lbs. too fat. I think it starts on the inside.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:18 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• okay, I have got it,
    I am older than you and I have insurance, LOL! I think a bunch of self-esteem just comes from living life.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:34 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I wondered why 'self-esteem' and 'body confidence' were put together in the same question. As they relate to each other, I think 'body confidence' means accepting your body the way it is, and accepting the fact that you can make some changes if you choose to, but the choice is yours. And you have self-esteem when you realize that how your body looks, before or after you make the changes you want, doesn't matter in the big picture of what kind of a person you are, what strengths and abilities you have.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:36 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Feeling comfortable in your own skin and making sure that body is as fit as you can get it......

Answer by older at 9:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• They are different in my eyes...

Self-­esteem : a confidence and satisfaction in oneself

Body confidence: A feeling that results when you give up the mission to be what society says your body should be and make a commitment to just be yourself.
    Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Having both would be a real booster!
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 4:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I think with good self esteem body confidence becomes a non issue.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2013