how do you move on when you lose a baby at 18 weeks?

I just lost a baby on Feb.13,2009. How do you move on? Everybody is saying it gets easier everyday but so far it it is hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am so sorry =( Its going to take time, don't force yourself. Just surround yourself with good people positive people supportive people. God bless, I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• im so sorry for you loss, i know a girl who lost her son at 18 weeks and commited suicide! it was sad all around. i mean yes it does get easier but it will take a long time. im not sure what you could do to make it better, i lost my daughter at 16 weeks and i still think about her all the time
    Anonymous

• Hon, I am sooo sorry for your loss, time is the only thing that will help. If will not take away the hurt or pain completely but it does get easier, find a local group in your area for support and greif counsloing(sp). Know that you did nothing wrong.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Hi, I lost a baby at 10 weeks last year, it does get easier but the pain never goes away, I sometimes feel myself just breaking down and crying at the tiniest little thing to do with babies but it helps. it will get better i promise :)
    aine861

Answer by aine861 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have lost 2. One at 24 weeks and one at 19 weeks. It never gets easy but it gets easier. I lost my last one at 19 weeks this past summer and am due again days before the 1 yr anniversary of my son's death. I think that the anniversaries are really hard, as are holidays when you think about your lost baby. Try talking with someone who has been there, sometimes that can help. Sorry about your loss and goodluck.
    Anonymous

• I lost my first baby at 14 weeks. I was crushed for months and cried everytime someone asked me about the baby. its been a year and a half and it still hurts me today. what helped me deal with my emotions was a baby book I filled out eventhough it was incomplete but I was able to write for my baby and a box with my pregnancy test, prenatal vitamins and some small baby stuff i had already purchased I added the baby book with the sono and was able to close a sad chapter of my life.
    it took me over a year to try having another baby. my advice take your time let it heal and make peace with the situation! if you are religious then maybe it was meant to be..
    if you need to talk you can always write me. its always good talking to someone that's been there before
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 6:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• meant to write * maybe it wasn't meant to be (sorry about that)
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 6:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009