Need advice on abortion, please!!?

Hi. I'm a young mom (18) of a 10 month old baby girl. I believe I am pregnant. I missed my period for July (after the 20th). I believe I am because I didn't go get birth control until a week after. My s.o. And I thought we were being safe but now not so sure. I live with my mom as my partner works and I haven't started work yet. I really don't think I can handle another baby. I hate the thought of aborting but I would be getting yelled and called down from my family if I had it. I also have college next year and work lined up. I feel so ashamed and I haven't even made a doctors appointment yet because I feel so scared and upset. So I guess I would like to see if any of you moms out there have any knowledge on abortions. Does it hurt? Is there a cut off? How do they do it? And any other facts about it. Any information or advice would be so greatly appreciated!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Go talk to someone at Planned Parenthood
    They'll go over your choices(and give you a test)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• ^^ This
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:37 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I had a abortion when I was 20. I was not married, I had no job, and I was in college. I was only 5 weeks along when I had the procedure. It was painful. I don't know the technical name but it was the vacuum type of abortion. I know there are other kinds. FIRST, make sure you are pregnant. If you decide to get an abortion, the sooner the better. I have never regretted my decision, and I never has any reservations before I had it done. If you are SURE this is the right decision, then make an appointment, BUT think long and hard about your other options.

Anonymous

• I agree with Butterfly.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:39 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I had an abortion last fall. Because I was at the 7 week mark, I was able to do the pill abortion. I agree with calling/visiting Planned Parenthood. If you do decide to have an abortion, please visit this site: http://afterabortion.com/pass_details.html. While you may be confidant in your decision, a range of emotions can come over you afterwards.

Anonymous

• Take the test first, and then do what butterfly suggested, and whle you are at Planned Parenthood, get the depo shot.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• Planned Parenthood can also help you get on reliable birth control so this issue doesn't arise for you again in the future.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:43 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• take a test and then and talk to your parents

tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 7:51 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• and btw I have had one and I think about it ever day.....I was young and stupid and then I got pergant  again of course and I did adoptionand I thought was the best then abortion bc it was not the baby's fault  for me being stupid.im not trying to tell you what do to but just think of people out there how can not have kids and wound be happy to raise it.

tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 7:58 PM on Jul. 31, 2013

• I agree that you need to take a test before thinking about anything else. I had one when I was younger and I still believe 100% that I made the right decision. However, only YOU can make this decision for yourself. Good luck, sweets. Pm me if you need to talk.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 8:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2013