I have fibroids and I wanted to know if it possible to get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had fibroids (on the outside of my uterus) that I had removed. I was able to get pregnant. But, I've heard if they are growing inside the uterus it can prevent pregnancy....maybe you could get yours removed if you want a baby?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• That would fully depend on how many fibroids. Their size, and location in your uterus. Yes, you can have a healthy pregnancy with fibroids. Your gynecologist has the answers to your questions. Especially if you've had an ultrasound (with the probe) in regard to the fibroids.
    BetsyAD

Answer by BetsyAD at 6:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yes, I knew a girl who had ALOT. And they kept coming back after surgery. Her and her dh tried to conceive for the longest. (I think 5 yrs) . She finally got pregnant in 2007, though , but she was high risk.
    Anonymous

• yes you can...but I would get a second opinion.I was told I had them while I was preg, and at my second US the lady told me I didnt!
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• well, I wish I could answer this for you I have a history of fibroids, I've been trying to get pregnant for 7 months now. I went to the dr. after two surgeries in the last 4 years, It looks like my fibroids are growing very slowly. So i'm hoping I will be able too!

I wish you all the best in TTC!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009