• In the Spotlight:

A bug bite with a red ring around it??

Noticed it this morning on my arm near my elbow. Freaked me out. My pinky started to go numb. I put benadryl on it and it got all splotchy and faded. I see no tick. It doesn't hurt like a brown recluse bite should. It is not super pronounced like ringworm.. Any ideas or advice? I have no medical so an urgent care visit would cost me up the butt. It does not hurt and has been fading all day.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:46 PM on Jul. 31, 2013 in Health

• ringworm isnt always super pronounced
    i battled it for months in different locations and it never looked the same
    sometimes i could only see it under UV light, other times I was all, "Dafuq is THAT"!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Maybe a different spider bite?
    When they used to fog the area for mosquitos (many years ago) sometimes a mosquito would bite and it would get red and swollen with a ring. Have you tried some benedryl?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:39 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Sound like an infected mosquito bite!
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Do you have info to back up an infected mosquito bite?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• no that is maybe 30 or 40 years ago. They don't fog anymore at least not anywhere I have lived in many years

Could it be a chigger bite>
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Definitely not ringworm because there's no bitemark with ringworm due to it being a fungus and not a bug.

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Is it a tick bite? Could it be the classic bulls eye rash the is indicative of lymes disease??

http://www.cdc.gov/ticks/symptoms.html

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Lyme tick bite. Go & get it checked ASAP. If it's a flat ring then it's a lyme tick. You need to go on antibiotics right away. If it's raised, it's ringworm. I just had blood work done for Lyme, West Nile & Parvo. I had Parvo.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• It just looks like a bite with a bruise around it today. Faded A LOT. No pain or itchiness. I am confused now.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2013