Whats the best way to take pictures off computer safely?

My computer is so full of pictures I've got to get them off of there but I'm so scared I'm going to lose them :( what's the best thing to do to keep them safe?

Like do flash drives last a long time?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 12:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Technology

• And videos!!
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I've used flash drives and SD cards. You can also buy a a portable hard drive, correct?? I'd think those would be safe.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:00 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Even flash drives and external hard drives can fail; we've lost a number of photos that way. My husband printed everything because of that.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• yes flash drives last a long time
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I have things on flash drives. Put them in the lock box at the bank so they don't get lost!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Flash drives last a long time, but to be safe, get a couple of them and make more than one copy of all of the pictures. That way if one goes bad or you lose it, you still have another.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I usually back things up in several ways: I use a flash drive, burn them to a disc, use an online back up, and I did have a portable hard drive, but it failed (which is why you should really use more than one method), so I need to get a new one.

My method is to do my back ups, confirm they're valid and that everything I wanted to back up is backed up, and THEN delete the files off my computer. I never, ever delete them until I know that everything is backed up in at least two other locations that work.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Personally we keep all of our photo stored online. We use Picasa The most important ones we also burn to disc.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:40 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• by2013

Answer by by2013 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 1, 2013