Oh Dirty Dancing, I Love it so Much!!

Just got done watching Dirty Dancing for the first time in Years, like I was early 20's, now I'm late 20's and things have different meaning now. Uh I love it

What's a movie you watched when you were younger, then saw again when you were older and it had new meaning, or you understood it better?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 1:44 AM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Entertainment

• I was up late watching "Dirty Dancing" too! I LOVE the music and dancing sooo much! I felt sad that Patrick Swayze and Jerry Orbach have both passed away! I wish my hubby could dance like PS! WOW!

When I was younger, I didn't really realize(or pay attention to) how Penny's illegal abortion was so central to the plot. That set Johnny and Baby's dancing and romance into motion. I kind of wish the subplot to "Dirty Dancing" wasn't something as ugly as abortion.
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• National Lampoon's Vacation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• It's not a movie, but I heard "Against the Wind" by Bob Seger in the car on the way home from the fair, and the lyrics seemed to mean so much more than they once had. Maybe I kind of had the blues because I was thinking about the kids, and they had no clue how much things cost or how hard-won the money was to by the rides and food on the midway, which is as it should be. Kids shouldn't have to worry about that stuff. But funnel cakes are my favorite thing about the fair, and I didn't get one because I couldn't bring myself to pay ten bucks for it. I knew what that money would get at the grocery store. So the magic of being a kid is that you don't think about paychecks and bills, and the fair is all about how much spinning and screaming and sweets you can cram into two or three hours. Anyway, it's not exactly what you asked, but it sort of fit.

http://www.lyrics.com/against-the-wind-lyrics-bob-seger.html
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:13 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• This is my favorite movie of all time, I have watched it numerous time, and never get tired of doing so.....

Answer by older at 9:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I love Dirty Dancing. I saw that was on last night. I watched a clip it made me want to watch it sometime soon! I loved the Goonies and Fast Times of Ridgemont High! they came out when I was really really young. ANd now I watch older and I get it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• The Man From Snowy River..

I haven't watched that movie in forever and a few weeks back when we were at the library they had it there. I hadn't even thought of that movie in so long. Come to think of it, it was one of my mom's favorite movies. So maybe she wanted me to watch it for her again. :0) I guess that's one of her signs that she sent to me.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I love this movie. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Exactly Mermaid!! I don't think I even really realized when I was younger that she even had an abortion. Then I was thinking about how they were saying $200 was SO expensive, and I was thinking that sure it is a lot of money even today but not like it was back when this was set in the 60's.
    cassie_kellison

Comment by cassie_kellison (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2013