Does anyone know where I can get help?

I think I'm suffering with depression. I don't have anyone to talk to, and I really think I need some medication for this. I can't afford to see a therapist , or a doctor so is there any way I can get in medication for free or for a low price?

Thanks in advance .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• You just can't get medicated without seeing a doctor... start there!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:39 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• How much does your health matter to you? You can't afford to see a doctor? My question is - can you afford NOT to see a doctor?

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Go to your town or county board of health. They have many programs to help. Find them in the phone book or Google your town/county and search their website. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Most places will work with you. You could make payments. Talk to them about that ahead of time.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You also could try dialing 211 to identify resources--that contact can help you identify how to proceed if you don't have an established relationship with a doctor & you are stressed financially.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:12 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• No, you cannot just get free anti-depressants and not see a doctor or therapist. Those drugs have very serious side effects and you need to be closely monitored while on them. I was on effexor for several months and my idiot PCP who put me on it never referred me to a therapist and never had me follow up... I was in the hospital on a 72 hr hold 5 months after starting on it and it took another 5 months to wean me off it.

Start with locating local resources that will help you find low cost care. The research meds before you go on them. Had I known more about effexor I would have never taken it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Doctor's generally charge less, if they know you don't have insurance. They also can give you med samples for antidepressants. Please reach out! Affordable help is out there!

Prayers for you! <3
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 12:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Go to the doctor, request a generic.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• The only place you might get it reduced is through a clinic BUT you will not get the medication without a prescription from a doctor. Then you will have to go back periodically. These are controlled drugs.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I bumped this question for you... Good luck, I just wanted to let you know that I have suffered from anxiety for most of my life, on and off of course. Don't listent to the horror stories about medications, theres bad experiences with everything in life.... They can be very usefull in giving you your life back. Althought psychiatrists are definately best to use for medication management. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2013