Potty training

Ok so I have a dd who will be 2 tomorrow. Well with my first dd (now 8) she was potty trained at 19 months old. My middle dd (now 5 and a half) was potty trained at 21 months, but I think it was easiest with them is because my first was obviously the only child so I had time to work with her then by time my middle dd was ready to potty trained my oldest was starting school so I had the one on one with her. Well with my last dd I thought it was going to be more easier because she wanted to sit on the potty and was willing and everything at 11-12 months old the first time she went on the potty was poop and she was 12 months old lol. But I dont have the one on one since my 5 year old isnt in school yet (she will be going this year so I will then have the one on one with her), but I think it also set her back because I was watching my nephew 5 and 5 months so I didnt have time to do it, but now I am not watching them plus we had lead in our home so we had to move to a new home for them to fix it so that I think set her back too.

Well now she is back to going on the potty, BUT only when she wants too. She will say potty and grab herself, but she pay or may not go. Sometimes she will say potty so I tell her to go (she LOVES the potty chair) she sits on it and will pee, but she wont tell you if she has clothes on or a diaper (thank god for hardwood floors lol) so I usually let her go naked but there still a lot of times she pees on the floor and she wont poop in it anymore at nap and bedtime I put her in a diaper and I have tried everything I MEAN EVERYTHING and this kid finds a way to rip her diaper off or she will put her hand in her diaper and play in her poop. I tried putting her to bed naked as well with her chair in her room she has pooped in the potty 2 times in her room, but she still plays in it. If she is wearing a diaper for some reason and I am not paying attention and she has peed or pooped she will take it off without telling me. I dont force her to sit on it which for me it is usually a no go so I dont make her to cause I dont want to set her back again, but then again she will go on her own at times and now as of 2 days ago she will go on it and take the bowl out and dump it in the big potty on her ow. And when she does go potty half the time I don't even know she goes in it. So I am not sure what to do? It is like she is there, but she isn't

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could always wait a few months and try again later...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:09 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• yes but with her willing to do it on her own (not all the time) at times i hate to completely stop
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Go with pullups then. If she can pull those down when she wants to but keeps it cleaner when she doesn't. I can't even get my almost 3 yo DS to sit on it without throwing a fit.
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 9:42 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I always made my kids go sit on the potty every 30 minutes or every time we changed activities until they stopped peeing on the floor. If she can't remember to go by herself, she needs a reminder to go sit. I also used m&ms (3 for pee, 5 for bm) which was a huge incentive for my kids to go in the potty, they couldn't wait until the next time they could "go"!

Answer by missanc at 11:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I would let her lead. If you're not in a hurry, be encouraging but let her tell you. The more control kids think they have over this, the easier it will go.
    jm029

Answer by jm029 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• so keep her in undies? (we have hardwood floors so that wouldnt be an issue.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2013