How much should i charge to babysit 4 kids full time?

i just got offered a full time(40 hours a week) nannying job, the kids are 15 months, 4, 6, and 8. how much should i chaarge, the baby is home all day and the 4 year old is in preschool a couple hours each day.

mpoudrier90

Asked by mpoudrier90 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• $400 a week

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• im making $400 right now for 2 kids, this new job has taxes witheld so i think it should be more?
    mpoudrier90

Comment by mpoudrier90 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• What's the going rate for daycare in your area? Are you providing transportation? Food/snacks? Diapers?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Maybe figure out how much you need to make to bring home $400 a week after taxes, and ask for that (or round it off to the next highest round number)? I wouldn't go much higher than that, though, or they might look for someone who'd be willing to do it cheaper.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:31 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Personally I wouldn't pay much more than $100/week per child, so $400 would be at the top end of what I would expect someone to pay. Look on craigslist to find out the going rate for childcare in your area, that will give you a better idea.

Answer by missanc at 12:16 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• well at my job now im watching 2 kids and one is in school all day, and im getting 400, i was thinking maybe 17-18 an hour
    mpoudrier90

Comment by mpoudrier90 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• because ill be going laundry and cleaning and grocery shooping
    mpoudrier90

• $17-18 an hour? What kind of jobs do these people have? Personally, if someone told me they wanted $17-18 an hour to be a nanny to my kids, do some laundry and a little grocery shopping, I'd laugh in their face and send them on their way.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• well there was one that offered me $20/hour for two kids, this one that i just got offered are vise presidents of banks and things like that and the live in a 1.5 million dollar house....its crazy
    mpoudrier90

Comment by mpoudrier90 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2013